North Central State College North Central State College

Course Planning & Textbooks

We are here to help you navigate the resources and opportunities available to you as a CCP student.

Explore these planning tools, then schedule your advising appointment.

CCP Academic Advising

From your first semester through graduation, your advising team will help you:

  • Identify and Map your Pathway
    • Select courses to help you reach your goals — are you seeking a degree from NCSC? To transfer credits?
  • Register for Courses & Prep for Class
    • Tools for Success in college, growth mindset & learning to self-advocate, long term college planning, etc.

Course & Degree Planning Tools

Students may choose from a variety of courses for different needs: to fulfill high school graduation requirements, college degree requirements, transfer needs, or to explore areas of interest. Not all courses are allowable under the CCP program.

  • Degree & Transfer Pathways CCP students are encouraged to select a Pathway. Pathways help align CCP courses you can choose now, with future majors you may be considering. Let us help you plan for success and gain traction toward your goals! 

  • Course Search: Take a look at our course offerings by semester and location.

  • Career CoachThe best 5 minutes you can spend on career research!
    • Unsure where to start? Career Coach explores connection between your interests and possible careers.
    • Know your career goal? Use Career Coach to confirm the career aligns with your values and salary needs. Choose the 6 or 60 question survey in our Career Toolkit. Get immediate results on recommended careers, and the regional demand and salary data.

  • Transfer Credit: If you have a Bachelor degree in mind, Ohio has multiple tools for you to select the right courses for transfer.

  • Articulation Agreements Labs from partnering Career Centers could earn you college credits with NCSC and help you qualify for TFS!

Textbooks & Access Codes: Getting Course Materials

For courses at your high school, the materials are provided to you in class.

For courses at NCSC or online, carefully review the following information.


Many courses now use OpenStax or Open Educational Resources (OER).
Your professor provides access to these through Canvas.

No purchase or additional action is necessary. Additional printed options may be available through the bookstore for a fee.

   Q. How do I know if it will be OpenStax/OER? Or if materials are needed from the bookstore, using a NCSC voucher?

  • Required Materials are listed in the Course Description, and also on the bookstore site.
  • Using MyNC, go to your class schedule, click on the course number, and look under ‘Required Materials’.
  • Using the Bookstore site, enter your course number and section from your schedule.


If you confirm course materials are needed, select if you are a student from a public, nonpublic or homeschool…
  • First confirm your school’s CCP Textbook preferences and policy with your counselor or principal.

    Second, if they advise you to use a NCSC voucher, then refer to the instructions below for your course of action.

  • Talk to your school counselor. They will assist you with textbooks for the courses for which you received CCP funding. If you are self-paying for courses, you must also pay for your textbooks. If you purchase your textbook(s) from the Campus Bookstore (Follett), you can be assured it is the correct edition and bundle for your course(s) at NCSC.

    If you purchase or rent your book elsewhere, please be sure to check the edition, ISBN, and bundle, where applicable.

  • Under CCP rules (ORC 3365.07, 3365.09) homeschool students are responsible for textbook costs or rental fees. If you purchase or rent your textbook(s) from the Campus Bookstore, you can be assured it is the correct edition and bundle for your course(s) at NCSC.

    If you purchase or rent your book elsewhere, please be sure to check the edition, ISBN, and bundle, where applicable.


The Option to get a NCSC Voucher and Obtain Required Materials from the Bookstore (available for most public school students)
Public school students, after reviewing the items above, refer to this document for instructions on how to get a NCSC Voucher.