Tuition Freedom Scholarships
CCP and Career Tech students who have earned just 8 or 9 CCP/CTE/CTAG credits are eligible for a total of 64 hours of Tuition Freedom.
Tuition Freedom 32
CCP and Career Tech students who have earned just 6 or 7 CCP/CTE/CTAG credits are eligible for a total of 32 hours of Tuition Freedom.
North Central State College will provide up to an Associates Degree tuition free. Students may be responsible for lab fees, books, etc. but additional financial aid is available for many students. Persons eligible are NCSC College Credit Plus or Career Tech students, from a partner secondary school. This provides the opportunity for students to continue their education after graduating from high school.
The Financial Aid Office will automatically apply the Tuition Freedom Scholarship after any other scholarships and grants. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have received any outside scholarships or grants.
Tuition Freedom will pay for a maximum of 64 credit hours of courses as long as you are pursuing an Associate Degree as a full-time student. Credits taken as a CCP student in high school are counted as part of the 64 maximum credit hours. Books and fees are not covered by Tuition Freedom.
You may also be interested in College Credit Plus.
General Application Submitted no later than June 29, 2023
Tuition Freedom Scholarship Applicaiton - Must be completed between October 3, 2022 - June 29, 2023
FAFSA Application Submitted no later than June 29, 2023
Return Signed Acceptance Letter for TFS
Requested Documentation Returned to Financial Aid
Complete New Student Orientation Before August 1st
Steps to Take Advantage of the Tuition Freedom Scholarship for FALL 2023
- Graduate High School in 2023.
- Complete 8-9 Credits as a North Central State College CCP Student.
- Students must complete 8 credit hours except those seeking direct admission into a health program who will need 9 credits to qualify.
- Beginning Fall 2023. CCP and Career Tech students who have earned just 6 or 7 CCP/CTE credits are eligible for a total of 32 hours of Tuition Freedom. This is enough credits to complete many certificates, or an entire year of credit toward an associates degree.
- Achieve a 2.75 grade point average in all North Central State College CCP classes. Career Tech students must have achieved a 2.75 GPA in their articulated technical course work and all students must have a 2.75 high school cumulative GPA.
- Apply to the college using the NC State General Application, opens in a new window.
You must declare a major. Undeclared/Undecided majors will not qualify for the scholarship.
- Complete the Tuition Freedom Scholarship Application between October 3, 2022 – June 29, 2023.
This is in addition to the college application completed in step 4
- Complete the FAFSA, opens in a new window.
The 2023-2024 FAFSA Application must be completed between October 3, 2022 and June 29, 2023. Submit any additional information requested from financial aid by July 13, 2023.
- Attend a Connect to College New Student Orientation program (offered April to August) and take NC State’s First Year Experience course in the first term of enrollment. The only exception to the FYEX course are direct admits to competitive health programs.
- Maintain Full-Time Student status (12-18 Credit Hours per semester).
You must enroll full-time Fall-Spring terms until your degree or certificate is completed. Summer after the first year is optional. Maintain full-time status for the duration of the semester. Earn 30 semester hours per year.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.