Help Documents and Tutorials – Faculty and Staff
- 10 Steps to Getting Started in Canvas, opens in a new window (FACULTY)
- Canvas FACULTY Interface Overview Video (6 Minutes, 3 seconds)
- Canvas FACULTY In-Depth Introduction Videos (3 Parts – 3.5 hours total)
- Canvas FACULTY Getting Started Print-Friendly Manual (PDF)
- Canvas FACULTY Full Print-Friendly Manual (PDF)
Canvas FACULTY Step by Step How-To Guides:
Canvas FACULTY Power Tips:
Free SpeedGrader App Guides:
- SpeedGrader Android – Tablet App Guide
- SpeedGrader Android – Phone App Guide
- SpeedGrader iPad App Guide
Free Android App Guides:
Free iOS App Guides:
For more information about online learning at North Central State College, please visit the online learning homepage.
Email and Office 365
For more information and help documents on employee Email/Office 365, please visit the office 365 help page.
Microsoft Office Suite
MyNC for Faculty and Staff
Employee Access to MyNC (PDF), opens in a new window
Grading, Class Roster, Etc. in MyNC
Web Time Entry
Employees will submit all hours worked and leave hours online through MyNC.
Logging In for Faculty & Staff
Synchronized Username and Password for Staff, Faculty & Adjunct
Your Desktop, Outlook Email, MyServices, Encore, MyNC, Canvas and My Password will use the same username and password.
Username – First initial of your first name and entire last name (lower case). For example: Jessica Monroe’s user name would be jmonroe.*
* Some may have a slightly different username due to duplicate usernames in the system. The second username will be signified with a 2 at the end. For example if there are two “Jessica Monroe” in the system, the second one will be jmonroe2. Contact the IT Service Desk if your username is not working.
Synchronized Password (Employee passwords Expire Every 90 Days)
For all new employees, including adjunct your initial password will be set to:
- First two letters of your first name (capitalized),
- Followed by the last four digits of your social security number,
- Followed by the first two letters of your last name (lower case).
For example: The password for Jessica Ann Monroe would be:JE1234mo. We strongly suggest you change your password as soon as possible through the My Password program for your security.
To ensure the security of our network, you will be required to change your password every 90 days. You can change your password through My Password Services or call the IT Service Desk. If you have not already done so, please enroll today with My Password Services. Once enrolled, you will receive an email notification when it is time to change your password.
Please contact the IT Service Desk 419-755-4734 for more assistance.
My Services for Staff, Faculty, & Adjuncts
My Services is a web based interface that enables NC State employees (including adjuncts) to submit and track the status of their NC State service requests on-line. All service requests for the following areas must be made through My Services:
- Car Requests (fleet car/van services)
- Data/Research (all data related requests)
- Duplicating Center (all copy requests),
- Facilities (all custodial, equipment moves, key requests, mailroom services, and maintenance requests),
- IT Service Desk (all office/ classroom computers, smart classrooms, audio/visual setup, printers & copiers, network, WiFi, email, phone and voicemail, Encore and MyNC modifications requests).
My Services Login for Staff, Faculty & Adjunct
Your Desktop, Outlook Email, My Services, Encore, MyNC, Canvas and My Password Services will use the same username and synchronized password.
ShoreTel Phone Training
- ShoreTel IP Phone 480g Quick User Guide (PDF), opens in a new window
- ShoreTel IP Phone 480g User Guide (PDF), opens in a new window
- ShoreTel IP Phone 485g Quick User Guide (PDF), opens in a new window
- ShoreTel IP Phone 485g User Guide (PDF), opens in a new window
ShoreTel Interactive Tutorial, opens in a new window
(Also includes Connect Client Desktop software tutorial)
Voice Mail Training
(full voicemail training is included with User Guides)
ShoreTel IP Phone Voice Mail Quick User Guide (PDF), opens in a new window
Trouble Shooting PDF (PDF), opens in a new window
All Lights Red or Orange on phone
Secure Wireless Internet for Employees and Students
For Students and Employees, choose NCSC Secure from our WiFi networks, and log in with your current MyNC username and password. Guests can choose “Guests” and do not have to login, however has a smaller bandwidth.