Employee Office 365
ABOUT EMPLOYEE OFFICE 365
Office 365 for NC State employees (including adjunct faculty) includes your email account and the ability to install the latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote on up to 5 devices. In addition, 1 TB of OneDrive Storage is available to store your class or office work for access anywhere you have wireless. Office 365 Online products are also available. This service is available to all employees as long as they are employed by NC State College. Office 365 is housed exclusively by Microsoft, therefore once you are logged in to Office 365, NC State College will not be able to troubleshoot any program difficulties.
Office Online provides browser based, online versions of the Office applications. From any device, you can create Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files within the browser itself. Some functionality is only available using the full application suite. From within the online app, you can quickly change to the full version with just one click. If your device doesn’t have the Office applications installed, you can still create and edit files using the online applications only.
To use Office Online, login to your Office365 account. Then click the desired service on the top right corner of the menu bar.
HOW LONG CAN I KEEP MY OFFICE 365 SUBSCRIPTION?
IMPORTANT: Office 365 and OneDrive file storage is available to employees only while employed at NC State College. Employees who leave the College may have their accounts disabled immediately, which includes access to Office 365 and OneDrive. Be sure to transfer all your OneDrive file storage before you leave NC State College. Once the license is removed, the install Office Suite will begin prompting for a valid license code. Individuals can then choose to extend their subscription by purchasing a license through Microsoft. If the new license is not obtained within 60 days, the product changes to read-only mode.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN OFFICE 365?
Applications within Office 365 include:
- Windows: Latest version of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Access.
- Mac: Latest version of Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- iPad: Latest version of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- iPhone/iPod Touch, Windows Phone and Android phones: Latest version of Word Mobile, Excel Mobile and PowerPoint Mobile.
To Access Your Office 365 Account
- From our home page at ncstatecollege.edu, top right hand side is a menu. Click on Menu > Faculty/Staff > click on Employee Office 365, or
- From your web browser type https://login.microsoftonline.com
- Type in your employee email address and password. Office 365 is synchronized with your current NC State login credentials.