CCP Orientation & Registration
CCP Student Orientation
Topics Covered Include:
- Academic and Support Services available to you as an NCSC CCP student
- Required technology and student software applications you will use for classes, and for communicating with your advisor and professors
- How and When to Access:
- Office 365 for your NCSC email, 1 TB of cloud storage and the MS Office Suite of applications
- Canvas for your NCSC courses
- MyNC to register for courses, print your schedule, view final grades, download an unofficial NCSC transcript, and monitor your progress toward a degree or certificate!
- Password Services for required enrollment in this service.
Your password expires every 90 days. Enrolling in Password Services before it expires, allows you to self-reset your password at any time.
- How and When to Access:
- Getting required textbooks or materials
- Rules, requirements and important dates for College Credit Plus
If you have taken a NCSC course at your high school, you may be familiar with some of this information, however there are other requirements you will need to know, which will be covered. It is essential that you complete the entire CCP Orientation.
Once you’ve taken a course on the NCSC campus or online, you may self-register for future terms in MyNC, with advisor approval, during your priority registration period listed on the NCSC Academic Calendar.
Completing CCP Student Orientation is a prerequisite to enrolling in courses that meet at NCSC or online.
Academic Advising & Registration: Courses at NCSC or Online
After completing the CCP Student Orientation, you will be invited to schedule your advising and registration session with a CCP Academic Advisor. At this appointment we will help you select and register for courses. But more importantly, we want to hear about you!
- What do you like to do? What college and career interests are you considering? What type of time commitments do you have during the school year (job, extracurricular activities, etc.)? How about in summer?
These conversations help us to understand the bigger picture of you! Understanding your current activities and future goals allows us to provide you guidance that is relevant for you and your goals — even if they change over time. We want you to experience success in college, and we will encourage you to utilize skills and services that CCP students before you have found to be important to their success.
- Degree & Transfer Pathways CCP students are encouraged to select a Pathway. Pathways help align course selections you can make now, with future college majors you may be considering. We want to help you make the most of your time and efforts in CCP!
- Career Coach No idea where to begin? Career Coach can help you explore the connection between your unique talents, interests and skills and potential careers.
Know what you want to do? Use Career Coach to confirm your intended career also fits with your values and salary expectations. Career Coach has a short, 6 question survey, located in our Career Toolkit, that will return immediate results of careers that connect with your answers, along with regional outlook and salary data. This is the best 5 minutes you can spend! You can take the 6 question, or the 60 question version, as many times as you like!
Registration for NCSC Courses Based at the High School
If you attend a partnering high school, and plan to only take the NCSC courses offered in your high school, you will register for those courses with your School Counselor. Although you may not always be on the college campus for class, all of the same resources are available to you — you are an NC State student!
- CCP Orientation, Career Services, Academic Advising, Peer Support through our Tutoring Center, Campus Activities and Events, Access to the Campus Recreation Center, Bromfield Library and Information Commons, Campus Bookstore, Computer Labs and IT Support Desk.
- We hope to see you soon in Byron Kee Center for Student Success on our main campus! Once you are registered for class you can stop in to get your NCSC Student ID card. This provides you access to even more — loads of discounts at area businesses and restaurants, a printing credit each semester, free RTA transportation — and student events on campus!