$29,000 - $51,000*
These estimated earnings are for employees who have completed their associate degree in Graphic Design. Career advancement is available if you transfer your credits toward a bachelor’s degree. As experience and education increase, you can expect to earn significantly more during your career.
For more information on regional jobs and pay, go to NC State’s Career Coach page.
*Earnings figure is based on EMSI employment information for north central Ohio.
$17,011 - $12,000 = $5,011 in net cost*
The calculation above includes the following:
- The estimated current cost of tuition, fees and books to complete this two-year associate degree at NC State is $17,011.
- Minus the average amount of financial aid ($6,000 x 2 years) students received. NOTE: Your financial aid could be higher or lower than this average.
- Leaving just $5,011 to be funded by other sources — which may include additional scholarships, grants and loans. Many students opt for payment plans to avoid debt. Employed students should inquire with their employers about the possibility of reimbursement for educational expenses.
In the 2020-2021 school year, NC State awarded more than $7.5 million in financial aid and scholarships to our students. We will work with you to explore every source of financial aid available.
*These figures were calculated using data available when this information was published.
Estimated cost of two years of instruction and attendance at a four-year public institution in Ohio.
*This estimate is an average of the cost of attending a public college or university for two years. This cost includes room and board for residential students.
Estimated cost of two years of instruction and attendance at a four-year private institution in Ohio.
**This estimate is an average of the cost of attending a private college or university for two years. This cost includes room and board for residential students.
Where You Could Go
Graduates in Visual Communications Media & Technology will find employment and freelance opportunities in service businesses like advertising agencies, multimedia companies and printing companies, as well as in the marketing/ public relations and communications departments of corporations.
Qualities Needed to Work in This Field
Students in this major:
- Need to be detail oriented
- Need to like working at the computer
- Need to be a good communicators
- Need to be a creative problem solver
NC State has transfer agreements with the University of Findlay and Bowling Green State University.