Choose Ohio First Scholarships
Choose Ohio First Scholars at NC State
Choose Ohio First (COF) provides scholarships for students pursuing degrees in STEM+M programs, which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine. Choose Ohio First Scholarships target these professions and encourage students to pursue training in these demanding fields. NC State offers a number of Certificate and Associate Degree programs that are eligible for COF awards including:
- Business Analytics
- Information Technology Cyber Security
- Information Technology Networking
- Integrated Engineering Technology
- Licensed Practical Nursing
- Mechanical Engineering Technology – Associate Degree
- Mechanical Engineering Technology – Bachelor’s Degree
- Respiratory Care
- Registered Nursing
- Visual Communication Graphic Design
From NC State Bioscience to Cornell University
As part of her financial aid package at NC State, Kelly Murray was awarded a Choose Ohio First Scholarship (COF), which helped her as an undergraduate immensely. COF is a state-funded program for Ohio residents pursuing a major in one of the STEM+M fields. Now she is completing her Ph.D. from Cornell University.
- Students enrolled in an eligible STEM+M program beginning with your first-term of enrollment at NCSC past high school or current students moving from pre-health classes into their program studies.
- COF scholars must have a 3.0 high school GPA, 165 on English/math GED or WorkKeys scores of five on each test for Adult Diploma graduates.
- Students must apply to NC State and submit their high school (or equivalent) transcripts for consideration.
- COF awards are renewable as long as funding remains available from the state of Ohio.
- Scholars must remain continuously enrolled (summer optional) in one of the eligible programs.
- They must maintain a 3.0 cumulative college GPA by the end of their second enrolled semester to continue the scholarship.
- Choose Ohio First is funded by the State of Ohio
- Awards range from $1,500 to $2,000 per academic year toward tuition.
- Students must enroll for a minimum six credits per semester.
- There is no family income limit for the scholarship.
- FAFSA is not required, but encouraged, to assist students in finding all available financial aid.
- North Central State College has been honored to participate in the Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program for more than 10 years. COF scholarships have helped thousands of students train for in-demand jobs and rewarding careers.