Connect to College Orientation
Connect to College Orientation is a mandatory new student orientation which serves to support the transition to college life for new and returning students. Orientation focuses on helping students make connections with other students, faculty, staff and key resources that impact student success. New Student Orientations are now being held online due to health and safety protocols.
During Connect to College Orientation, students will learn about:
- Resources/Support Services Available to You
- Safety & Security on Campus
- Succeeding in College
- How to Get Involved on Campus
- Paying for College (tuition and fees)
- Buying your books (check, cash, credit card, or excess financial aid)
- Using College Technology, opens in a new window and How to Register for Classes
Connect to College is offered in two formats- in-person and online. After meeting with an Advisor/Success Coach, students will be assisted in selecting the format that best fits their interest.
In-person Orientations for Spring 2024 semester will take place on:
- November 14 at 2:00PM
- November 30 at 10:00AM
- December 12 at 10:00AM
Online Orientations will be offered Monday-Friday and access to registration will be granted on the same business day (First day of Open Registration is November 7, 2023.) or by the next business day for those completing after hours or on weekends. The link to Online Orientation will be sent to you via email. Contact the Student Success Center at 419-755-4736 with any questions.
Completion of orientation may be waived for students who met one of the following conditions:
- have a college degree
- are only taking one or two courses for transfer, a work requirement, or skill improvement
- are taking courses as part of an apprenticeship or employer-sponsored training