TRIO Student Support Services awards Grant Aid, which is made possible through funds from the U.S. Department of Education, to eligible TRIO SSS students on an annual basis.
The purpose of Grant Aid is to assist in supporting the successful progress toward and achievement of academic goals by TRIO SSS students at NC State College.
- Must be actively using services (example: meeting with your TRIO Advisor, attending workshops, receiving tutoring, etc.)
- Must receive Pell Grant and have unmet need as determined by the Financial Aid Office
- Must be within first two (2) years of enrollment at the College
- Must be in good academic standing and not on Financial Aid suspension with the College
- Must have completed the financial literacy component (CashCourse, opens in a new window)
- Must be enrolled in 6 credit hours or more for the term awarded
PLEASE NOTE: An application for Grant Aid does not guarantee award. Recipients of the Grant Aid award will be notified by the TRIO program. Funds will be dispersed through the College’s Financial Aid office during Spring Semester 2015.