COVID-19 @ NC State
Important information for Students, Faculty & Staff
The following protocols are in place for everyone at NC State:
- Well-fitted masks are required when inside all NC State buildings, unless you are alone in your office.
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer when washing your hands is not possible.
- Cough into your elbow.
- Try not to touch your eyes and nose.
- We ask you to self-monitor your personal health.
- Stay home if you are sick, especially with flu-like symptoms.
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
Symptoms* may appear 2-10 days after an exposure. They include:
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Sinus Infection
- Body aches
- Intestinal distress or vomiting
*New variants, including Delta and Omicron have included new symptoms. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
Each COVID quarantine situation is dependent on a number of variables. Current guidelines regarding your need to isolate and/or quarantine can be determined by clicking here.
In no case should you return to campus with symptoms. If you test positive for COVID, please complete the form at this link, and an administrator will call you to discuss your situation.
If you are a student, you also need to contact your faculty members to make sure they know you have been affected by COVID-19.
Deep Cleaning every night
All public spaces, classrooms and labs that are in use are cleaned and disinfected every night.
Sanitize during the day
Spray bottles with sanitizer are provided in every classroom and lab. student spaces should be misted between classes.
The air handling units in all NC State buildings have been updated with UV ionization units that clean the air being circulated.