Manufacturing Foundations Certificate Classes:
- MATH 1110 – College Algebra
- MECT 1150 – Fundamentals of Engineering Design
- MECT 2230 – Engineering Materials
- MFGT 1110 – Manufacturing Processes
- ENGL 1010 – English Composition I
- ENRD 2150 – Computer Aided Design I
The coursework for this certificate uses Project-based learning to prepare you for entry-level positions in the high demand field of manufacturing.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Use a commercially available CAD system to create and read engineering drawings including: dimensions and tolerances; multiple views and projections; assemblies and bill of materials; and 3D models.
- Apply fundamental knowledge of engineering materials and why they are used in particular applications. Students will demonstrate an understanding of material composition; processes for manufacturing of steels and alloying; cold and hot working processes; and material hardness, modulus of elasticity, tensile strength, yield strength, and shear strength.
- Apply their knowledge of materials to manufacturing processes and demonstrate an understanding of:
- processes such as material removal, forging, casting, forming, finishing; fabrication processes such as welding, adhesives, and fasteners;
- production efficiencies (e.g., speed and feeds); and
- safety procedures and methods.
- Work as a member of a team to communicate effectively, solve problems, and improve productivity.
In addition to entering the workforce, you will be prepared to pursue additional education and training toward an associate degree, or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. Students may also pursue additional certificates that can be “stacked” toward earning an associate or bachelor’s degree.
The Manufacturing Foundation Certificate is supported by the Ohio Engineering Technology Educators Association and the Ohio Manufacturers’ Association.
Students Graduating on TimeN/A*Title IV students complete the program within 1 year*Fewer than 10 students enrolled in this program. This number has been withheld to protect the confidentiality of the students.
Program Costs*Cost: $2,195Description: for in-state tuition and fees: No: NoCost: $4,390Description: for out-of-state tuition and fees: No: NoCost: $1,125Description: for books and supplies: No: No
The typical graduate leaves withN/A*in debt*Fewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
The typical monthly loan paymentN/A*per month in student loansN/A*interest rate*Fewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
Graduates who got jobsN/A%*of program graduates who got jobs according to the accreditor job placement rate*We are not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.
Program graduates are employed in the following fields:
The following do not have licensure requirements for this profession:
OhioDate Created 12/17/2018 These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education