Apply for Admission
Go to www.ncstatecollege.edu/apply. Create a personalized account, then click on “start application” to complete the application. Select the General Application – for applicants attending after high school completion or those who have attained high school equivalency (GED). There is no application fee. Some programs are considered selective and may require a second application. If you have questions, contact the Office of Admissions at 419-755-4761.
Create your FSA ID. The FSA ID is your username and password and is used to sign your FAFSA, make FAFSA corrections, and more. Go to studentaid.gov/fsa-id, opens in a new window to create your FSA ID.
Check with the Financial Aid Office regarding deadlines and processing assistance. Please note that students will be able to complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in October rather than January for the next fall term. If you haven’t filled out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), please do so at www.fafsa.gov. , opens in a new windowChoose North Central State College and enter our school code (005313) so your information will be sent to North Central’s Financial Aid Office where your aid will be processed. Please feel free to contact the Financial Aid Office at 419-755-4899 for further assistance.
High Schools may Mail transcripts directly to:
Student Records Office
North Central State College
2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield, OH 44906
High School Transcripts
- High school transcripts: We accept transcripts directly from the high school (not accepted from the student) including signature certifying completion and graduation date. Transcripts may be sent to us through SendSafely, opens in a new window, Parchment, National Student Clearinghouse, or via postal mail sealed by the school. Learn more about How to Submit High School Documents-Transcripts. (PDF), opens in a new window.
- Current high school students – Ask your high school to submit a partial transcript showing high school credit earned. A final transcript is also required after high school graduation.
- High School Graduates/GED – GED score report transcript can be obtained through Diplomasender.com, opens in a new window and sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail from Diploma Sender.
- College Transcript Processing – Degree seeking students can submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities. Transfer credit will be evaluated and the results mailed to you.
- Note: Official college transcripts must be sent directly from the college attended to North Central State College to be evaluated for transfer credit.
North Central State College has adopted a multiple measures placement process. High school GPA of 2.5 or above will serve as its primary means of placing post-high school students in college-level English and mathematics courses. Accuplacer or ACT results will serve as the secondary means of placing students whose GPA is below the threshold for college-level courses. Transfer students should self-identify, as placement testing may not be necessary. For additional information, including self-study guides, or to make a testing appointment, please contact the Student Success and Transition Center at 419-755-4536.
Meet with a Success Coach
All new students will meet with a Success Coach to discuss their goals, review their chosen major and begin the process of academic planning. Call 419-755-4536 to schedule an appointment.
Ask your Success Coach to sign you up for an Orientation. During the “Connect to College” session students will learn about campus resources, college expectations, important deadlines, student software applications, purchasing books, payment options, and opportunities to get involved outside the classroom with fellow students. Students will also register for their classes for the upcoming semester(s). “Connect to College” helps ensure all students get off to a strong start at NC State.
NC State College Campus Tour (Optional)
Would you like to take a tour of North Central State College’s campus? Please call 419-755-4761 to schedule a tour or choose a date from our Events Calendar, opens in a new window and fill out the Event Registration Form.