Veterans attending North Central State College may be eligible to receive benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs when pursuing most associate degree programs.
Benefits are available under the following programs:
How to Apply for Educational Benefits
- Determine if you are eligible for benefits. Call the VA if you are uncertain (1-888-GI BILL-1). Note: each program has individual requirements for eligibility
- All applications should be submitted online here
- For the GI Bill and Post 9/11 GI Bill(Chapter 30 and Chapter 33), complete an application (Form 22-1990). Please note you must submit a copy of your application and a copy of your DD-214 with Member 4 showing “Honorable Discharge” to the VA Certifying official.
- For Selected Reserve Educational Assistance (Chapter 1606), complete an application (Form 22-1990). Please note you must submit a copy of your application and a copy Notice of Basic Eligibility (“NOBE” Form 2384 obtained through your unit’s Education Liaison) to the VA Certifying official.
- For Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) benefits, contact your local representative. The Cleveland area number is 216-522-3536. The Columbus area number is 614-469-6780.
- For Survivor & Dependents (Chapter 35) benefits, complete the Application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance application (Form 22-5490). Please note you must submit a copy of your application to the VA Certifying Official.
- You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility. Submit one copy to Financial Aid Office, located in Kee Hall.
- For each semester submit an NC State Request for Veterans Benefits form (PDF) after registering for classes. Register and submit your paperwork as early as possible to minimize delays.
For specific questions regarding your GI Bill Educational Benefits, please call the GI Bill Hotline at: 1-888-GIBILL-1. Questions specific to your benefits, eligibility, expiration of benefits or payments should be directed to this phone number. Unfortunately, we do not have access to this information, and are unable to provide any information specific to your benefit allotment.
Information about Montgomery GI Bill pay rates can be found here.
Information about all VA benefits can be found on the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs website at: http://www.va.gov.
GI Bill Update: For important information about the changes to the GI Bill recently signed into law (Post-9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2008), please visit: http://www.gibill.va.gov and follow the links to additional information. Students should not contact the GI Bill hotline at this time. Students can sign up to receive additional information regarding updates through the GI Bill site.
Notify the NC State VA Certifying Official of any changes in enrollment, address, or major. Please note you must submit copies off all paperwork to the VA certifying official. Change of major forms for the VA can be found here (PDF)
Transfer students, must complete a Change of Program or Place of Training application (PDF)
- Community College of the Air Force
- Who’s Eligible For
Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy: Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans.
- Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (PDF)
- How to obtain Military Records
(DD Form 214) Request
*Please note the Financial Aid Office/VA School Certifying Official can not request transcripts for students
- Air Force Tuition Assistance
- Army Tuition Assistance
- Navy Tuition Assistance
- Marines Tuition Assistance
- Coast Guard Tuition Assistance
- National Guard Tuition Assistance
- Reserve Tuition Assistance
can be found here
*Please note the Financial Aid Office/VA School Certifying Official does not process Tuition Assistance. All TA paperwork is handled at the Cashier’s Office
Transition to Civilian Life
- A Listening Initiative
Helping veterans heal and bridging the gap between veterans and nonveterans
- Veterans Re-employment, opens in a new window
- Ohio Means Jobs, opens in a new window
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, opens in a new window
Get college credit for what you already know
Both Prior Learning Assessment and Competency-Based Education provide credit for mastery of skills and demonstrated expertise. If you have the skills, you’ll be given the credit.
- Ohio Department of Veterans Services, opens in a new window
- Ohio National Guard Family Readiness Program, opens in a new window
- GI Bill Comparison Tool, opens in a new window
- U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment & Training Service
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs