Applying for TRIO Services
Eligibility is based on federally defined criteria where at least one of the following must be met:
- A first generation college student (neither parent has a Bachelor’s degree)
- Limited income as determined by the Federal Income Guidelines, opens in a new window and/or
- Have a documented learning or physical disability
- You must be registered for classes at North Central State College.
- You must be enrolled in an Associate Degree or Certificate program at North Central State College.
- You must be in good academic standing based on the requirements of North Central State College.
- You cannot be on financial aid restriction.
- You must demonstrate academic need.
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- You cannot have an Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
All students admitted to the Student Support Services program must attend an initial orientation session and meet with their SSS advisor throughout the year. Students must also be committed to using SSS resources and graduating from North Central State College!
SSS is part of the federally funded TRIO Programs, for more information on the TRIO Programs please visit:
https://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/index.html, opens in a new window