Crawford Success Center
Now accepting applicants for Practical Nursing for Spring semester 2023!
Apply now for a short term certificate. Some programs qualify for scholarship dollars.
Add a new skill by taking a certificate program in Health Sciences, Business and Engineering, or Public Service. Certificate programs allow you to complete a series of coordinated courses in a shorter period of time than an associate degree. Your new promotion or new job may be just around the corner with the new expertise you acquire.
Learn more about the happenings at the Crawford Success Center and the great value of North Central State College.
Each term the Crawford Success Center offers classes for students interested in completing an associate degree. The course selections are tailored so you can complete general education classes before moving to NC State main campus, the Shelby Kehoe Center, or online. We also offer a Practical Nursing Certificate program here at the CSC.
The Crawford Success Center offers state of the art technology. Students can come to the CSC and complete course work in the computer lab or in the collaborative learning area, as well as the nursing lab which opened in 2018.
Your Crawford Success Center
- Serves as an entry point for students who need to complete an associate degree, certificate program, or College Credit Plus!
- Offers classes, workforce training, professional development and seminars on-site.
- Exam proctoring (Accuplacer, ATI-TEAS, etc.)
- Provides access to North Central State College’s Student Services such as Financial Aid, Advising, Registration, and more!
- GED and Adult Diploma program information and course offerings
- Supervision courses through NC State’s Workforce Development program
Crawford Success Center Scholarships
The College Foundation provides qualified North Central State College students with academic, financial need, and general scholarships for college-related expenses.
Course Code: ENGL 0040 (online hybrid)Name: Integrated Reading and WritingCourse Code: ENGL 9920 (In-person)Name: Combined English 1010 and ENGL 0010 lab: In-personCourse Code: ENGL 1010 (In-person)Name: Composition I: In-personCourse Code: FYEX 0070 (Online)Name: College and Career Success: online hybridCourse Code: MATH 0075 (online hybrid)Name: Basic Mathematics and Pre-Algebra: online hybridCourse Code: MATH 9920 (online hybrid)Name: Basic Math & Pre-Algebra with Lab 0030: online hybridCourse Code: MATH 0084 (online hybrid)Name: Basic Mathematics and Pre-Algebra: online hybridCourse Code: STAT 1010 (In-person)Name: Probability and Statistics: In-personCourse Code: STAT 9920 (In-person)Name: Probability and Statistics with Algebra Lab: In-person
Course Code: PNUR 1012Name: Foundations of Practical NursingCourse Code: PNUR 1012CName: Foundation of Practical Nursing ClinicalCourse Code: PNUR 1012LName: Foundations of Practical Nursing Lab
Course Code: HIST-1030 (in-person/hybrid)Name: American History IICourse Code: COMM-1010 (in-person/hybrid)Name: Speech
Course Code: ENGL 0040 (online hybrid)Name: Reading and WritingCourse Code: ENGL 9920 (In-person)Name: Combined English 1010 and ENGL 0010 labCourse Code: ENGL 1010 (In-person)Name: English 1010Course Code: ENGL 1030 (In-person)Name: English Composition llCourse Code: FYEX 0070 (Online)Name: College and Career SuccessCourse Code: MATH 0075 (online hybrid)Name: Basic Mathematics and Pre-AlgebraCourse Code: MATH 9920 (online hybrid)Name: Basic Math & Pre-Algebra with Lab 0030Course Code: MATH 0084 (Online)Name: Intermediate AlgebraCourse Code: PSYC 1010 (Online)Name: Introduction to PsychologyCourse Code: PSCY 2010 (Online)Name: Human Growth and DevelopmentCourse Code: STAT 1010 (In-person)Name: Probability and StatisticsCourse Code: STAT 9920 (In-person)Name: Probability and Statistics with Algebra Lab
Course Code: PNUR 2012 Lecture Lab and ClinicalName: Advance Concepts of Practical Nursing lCourse Code: PNUR 2032 Lecture, Lab, and ClinicalName: Advanced Concepts of Practical Nursing llCourse Code: PNUR 2050Name: Professionalism and Trends in Practical Nursing
Steps to Enroll
Visit us or call for assistance with your steps for enrollment:
- Complete your FREE online application for general admission, opens in a new window.
- Supply your transcript(s) from your high school, GED, or another college.
- Complete the FAFSA, opens in a new window and request that a report be sent to North Central State College. This will determine the financial aid package you may be awarded. Learn more about the Financial Aid Application Process, opens in a new window.
- Send the scores of any ACT test that you have completed. If you haven’t taken the ACT, schedule a free ACCUPLACER test at the Crawford Success Center. Note: A final high school GPA of 2.5 or higher can be used to waive testing.
You will meet with an advisor to continue the enrollment process via the Crawford Success Center’s Virtual Advising Office. Your advisor will help you schedule the right course plan to fit your needs.
Practical Nursing (LPN) certificate
You can get your practical nursing certificate in as little as one year. Learn more about starting this rewarding career right here at your Crawford Success Center. Applications and information are available now. Call 419-755-9039 to explore this opportunity.
• NC State LPN graduates consistently score above the national average on licensure exams.
• NC State LPN program is ranked #3 in all of Ohio by practicalnursing.org
Demand for Licensed Practical Nurses continues to grow.
For more information please visit North Central State College Workforce Development.
College Credit Plus
For more information about College Credit Plus, please visit the CCP Portal.