NC State’s Police Academy certificate program allows students to complete a series of coordinated courses in a shorter period of time than an associate degree. Students in associate degree programs may benefit from adding a certificate to their areas of expertise. A minimum of a 2.00 grade-point average must be obtained for all required courses in order to receive a certificate.
- CRMJ1010 – Introduction to Criminal Justice & US Judicial Systems
- CRMJ1070 – Family Violence
- CRMJ2174 – Current Issues in the Criminal Justice Profession
- CRMJ2230 – Police Skills I
- CRMJ2250 – Peace Officer Academy Firearms
- CRMJ1110 – Criminal Investigation I
- CRMJ2090 – Defensive Tactics
- CRMJ2170 – Terrorism and Homeland Security
- CRMJ2210 – Introduction to Police Operations and Report Writing
- CRMJ2240 – Police Skills II
Upon successful completion of a certificate program, a Certificate Request form must be completed in the Student Records Office in order to receive a certificate.
Students Graduating on Time70%Title IV students complete the program within 1 year
Program Costs*Cost: $6,336Description: for in-state tuition and fees: No: NoCost: $10,836Description: for out-of-state tuition and fees: No: NoCost: $800Description: for books and supplies: No: No
The typical graduate leaves withN/A*in debt*Fewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
The typical monthly loan paymentN/A*per month in student loansN/A*interest rate*Fewer than 10 students completed this program within normal time. This number has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
Graduates who got jobsN/A%*of program graduates who got jobs according to the accreditor job placement rate
Program graduates are employed in the following fields:
Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in:
OhioDate Created 3/20/2018 These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education