Tuition Freedom Scholarships
Up to an Associate Degree
For College Credit Plus Students
North Central State College will provide up to an Associate Degree tuition free to every qualifying College Credit Plus or Career Tech student, from a partner secondary school, to continue their education after graduating from high school.
The Financial Aid Office will automatically apply the Tuition Freedom Scholarship after any other scholarships and grants. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have received any outside scholarships or grants.
Tuition Freedom will pay for a maximum of 64 credit hours of courses as long as you are pursuing an Associate Degree as a full-time student. Credits taken as a CCP student in high school are counted as part of the 64 maximum credit hours. Books and fees are not covered by Tuition Freedom.
You may also be interested in College Credit Plus.
Important 2020 Dates to Remember
Application and Testing deadline
FAFSA priority deadline
Deadline to submit any information requested by Financial Aid
Steps to Take Advantage of the Tuition Freedom Scholarship
- Graduate High School in 2020.
- Complete 9 Credits as a CCP Student.
- Credit must be obtained through NC State College Credit Plus.
- Credit can be obtained by utilizing current articulation agreements in place with NCSC and Career Tech Centers.
- Achieve a 2.75 grade point average in all CCP classes. Career Tech students must have achieved a 2.75 GPA in their articulated technical course work and all students must have a 2.75 high school cumulative GPA.
- Apply to the college using the NC State General Application, opens in a new window.
You must declare a major.
- Complete the FAFSA, opens in a new window.
FAFSA Application deadline is July 6, 2020. Submit any information requested from financial aid by July 16, 2020.
- Complete the Tuition Freedom Scholarship Application, opens in a new window by June 5, 2020.
This is in addition to the college application completed in step 4.
- Attend a Connect to College half-day orientation program (offered April to August) and take NC State’s First Year Experience course in the first term of enrollment. The only exception to the FYEX course are direct admits to competitive health programs.
- Maintain Full-Time Student status (12-18 Credit Hours per semester).
You must enroll full-time Fall-Spring terms until your degree or certificate is completed. Summer after the first year is optional. Maintain full-time status for the duration of the semester. Earn 30 semester hours per year.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.