Tuition Freedom Scholarships
Up to an Associate Degree
For College Credit Plus Students
North Central State College will provide up to an Associate Degree tuition free to every qualifying College Credit Plus or Career Tech student, from a partner secondary school, to continue their education after graduating from high school.
The Financial Aid Office will automatically apply the Tuition Freedom Scholarship after any other scholarships and grants. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have received any outside scholarships or grants.
Tuition Freedom will pay for a maximum of 64 credit hours of courses as long as you are pursuing an Associate Degree as a full-time student. Credits taken as a CCP student in high school are counted as part of the 64 maximum credit hours. Books and fees are not covered by Tuition Freedom.
You may also be interested in College Credit Plus.
Steps to Take Advantage of Tuition Freedom
- Graduate High School in 2019.
- Be classified as “college ready.”
Requires a minimum reading score on the ACT of 21 or an equivalent college placement exam. Testing deadline June 3, 2019.
- Complete 9 Credits as a CCP Student.
Or as a Career Center student in a qualifying program.
- Apply to the college using the NC State General Application, opens in a new window.
You must declare a major.
- Complete the FAFSA, opens in a new window.
FAFSA Application deadline is July 5, 2019. Submit any information requested from financial aid by July 18, 2019.
- Complete the Tuition Freedom Scholarship Application by June 3, 2019.
This is in addition to the college application completed in step 4.
- Maintain Full-Time Student status (12-18 Credit Hours per semester).
You must enroll full-time Fall-Spring terms until your degree or certificate is completed. Summer after the first year is optional. Maintain full-time status for the duration of the semester. Earn 30 semester hours per year.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.