Student Records

The Student Records Office has the responsibility of protecting the content of a student’s educational record. Educational records are defined as those records, files, documents and other materials which contain information directly related to the student and are maintained by the College.
Below you will find information regarding various services and information pertinent to online students and their success. If you have any questions, please let us know!

Common forms used by Student Records

Graduation Petitions can be submitted online through your MyNC account. You can also download a PDF version and mail  it to the address listed on this page or return in person to the Cashier’s Office room 140 Byron Kee Center for Student Success.

*You have the option to email, mail, fax, or bring completed forms into our office.

If you need help finding important information for courses including: refund periods for dropping a course, last day to withdraw from a course, and ISBN book information for finding books outside of our campus bookstore – download this helpful guide.


To request a transcript, click the option on the top right section of this page or on the menu of your MyNC account. You will be taken to our Parchment webpage where you will create a profile and select the institution you want it to be sent to. Each transcript request has a $5.00 charge and will be processed on the next business day. Same day processing will incur additional costs.

In order to change your contact information, you can fill out the Change of Contact Information/Name form and send it to our office or do so electronically by finding the option in your MyNC account menu.

If you need to change your name, you will need to fill out the Change of Contact Information/Name form and also attach a copy of the legal document approving the name change (marriage license, divorce decree, etc.)

You will need to have your prior college coursework (transcripts) sent to our office. Once received, they will be processed after you have applied to our institution. The timeframe for evaluation is up to 6 weeks so make sure to have your transcripts sent well before the term start date. Once processed we will send a transfer credit evaluation to you in the mail showing how your previous coursework has transferred to NC State.

In order to defer your loans you will need to request a deferment form from your lender and send it to our office. Once we establish your initial attendance for the semester, we will send the completed form with your enrollment information to your lender.

Our enrollment verifications show your current and all prior semester enrollment statuses. We generally include a signature and an embossed institutional seal on the form per the request of most businesses that request these. If you need an enrollment verification, contact our office and we will process and mail one to you.

In order to graduate, students must complete a graduation petition. The petition is available in your MyNC account. Our institution graduates students in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. If you plan to attend commencement, it is held once a year in May. Make sure to petition for the semester you intend to complete your coursework. The deadline to petition is the Friday of the 2nd week of your graduation term.

In general, in order to qualify for in-state tuition, you must have lived in Ohio for the last 12 months prior to the start of the semester. If you graduated from an Ohio high school, you also automatically qualify. There are other exceptions to the 12 month residency requirement that may qualify you for in state fees. Contact our office for more information.

In order to drop a course, a student must fill out and sign the Course Add/Drop form, receive email or Canvas approval from the instructor(s), and attach all documents to an email to be sent to your Student Success Champion. You can also mail these documents to our office. Once the drop is processed, you will be sent an updated Registration Statement showing your schedule. If there are any changes to your aid, you will be sent a notice from the Financial Aid Office explaining the changes.

Note: Each course has a last day to drop and it may vary from course to course. In order to find this date use the following link to find the last day to drop for each of your courses:

Note: Dropping a course could significantly impact your financial aid. It is your responsibility to understand these implications before you drop a course. You may decide to speak directly with the Financial Aid office before dropping any course.

Contact Information

Phone: 419-755-4857
Fax: 419-755-4729

Mailing Address
North Central State College
Attn: Student Records
2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield, OH 44906-1546

Monday – Friday
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.

Summer Hours (5/13 – 7/25)
Monday – Thursday
8:00 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.

Mission Statement

The mission of Student Records is to process, certify and maintain a permanent record of enrollment activity and educational credential attainment for students, ensuring the protection and confidentiality of these records as they pertain to internal and external customers.

Our maintenance and disclosure of student record information is governed per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requirements.